The standard Woocommerce documentation provides in depth details on adding products as well as descriptions of various elements (https://woocommerce.com/document/managing-products/), Below is an overview of the information provided here based on what our users generally need.
Add new products
- Log into the site if you aren’t already.
- Use the black sidebar and go to WooCommerce > Products > Add Product.
- Enter a product Title and scroll down to the Product data section.
- Select the type of product and enter in additional details using the vertical tabs.
- When you are finished, you can select the blue publish button.
*Once a product has been publish, this button changes to say update.
Products can be edited by:
- Using the black sidebar to go to WooCommerce > Products and searching for the product you wish to edit.
- Hover over the product title and select Edit.
- Edit the product details as necessary and remember to publish/update the product when finished.
Products can have either a short description or a long description (both can be used in conjunction as well). When editing a product, make sure to scroll down the page until you see the short description and description sections. Edit as needed and save your work by selecting the blue update button.
Single vs. Variable products
Many of our users have single or variable products. If a single product (ie, a product with only one option, details of the product can be changed under Product data and the vertical tab Inventory. For example, selecting manage stock quantity and entering the amount of inventory allows the site to handle the amount of stock for you.
Variable products on the other hand, are those products with different variations/options. For example, a t-shirt with different colors and sizes. The product details should be edited by using the vertical tab, Variations. Each variation can be opened and the individual SKU number, price, inventory, etc. can be manages this way.
In some instances, it is easier to duplicate a preexisting product instead of starting completely over. To so this got to WooCommerce > Products and find the product you wish to duplicate. Hover over the product title in order to display some quick link options (edit, quick edit, duplicate, etc.) Select duplicate and edit the new product, changing the details as appropriate.
**Always remember to save your work by selecting the blue update button towards the top right of the editing page.